The Foundation’s vision is for a good life without cancer and despite cancer. According to the strategy, “our aim is that as few people as possible get cancer, that of those who do as many as possible make a full recovery, and that people who have incurable cancer can live as full lives as possible thanks to good treatment and support”.
In its strategy until 2030, the mission of the Tulasi Maya Memorial Cancer Relief Foundation Nepal is to beat cancer. The goal is to prevent cancer, bring about early diagnosis, and develop treatments. Every cancer patient is supported in his or her recovery and to live a full life regardless of the disease or its aftermath.
To help to reduce the incidence of cancer the Himalayas and Nepal while contributing in the well- being of the people living with cancer.
- To reduce the incidence, morbidity and mortality of cancer and to improve the quality of life of cancer patients in a defined population, through the systematic implementation of evidence-based interventions for prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and palliative care.
- To raise public awareness on the need for cervical cancer screening;
- To improve overall coverage of the target population;
- To promote more equitable and efficient screening across the target population.
- To build a quality assurance mechanism for better quality screening services in smear-taking, cytological examination, referrals and follow-up management of abnormal smears; and
- To provide better support to the private sectors and relevant stakeholders
- Increasing the knowledge of the public on the benefits of early detection, changing attitudes and behaviors to seek early detection services, and raising awareness around breast cancer and cancer prevention in general
- To increase public awareness on the consequences of tobacco use.
- To increase anti-tobacco policies and programmes in schools.
- To reduce access to tobacco products to minors.
- To reduce access to tobacco products through illicit trade. e. To increase the price of tobacco products
- To reduce the influence of the tobacco industry on young people and adults.